Thursday, December 10, 2009

Empty mind is devil's workshop

The following few months have been very stressful for me because I am occupied with various useless thoughts (not all the time but still....) My first day in London was terribly bad and I can't forget it, a short account of the day -

My husband went to office at around 8:30 and then P starts to cry out aloud - took her out for a short walk - came back and then she starts to cry loudly - played with her - then a huge cry - a while later a knock on the door - the family living upstairs came and asked me rudely "Why is she crying so loudly? Did u say smething to her? is she fine?" - P sleeps a lill later - The lady living on the upper floor gave me a devil look when I went out - I ignored - Husband comes back home - A knock on the door and .......POLICE - They ask me "do u have a baby? v have a complain against u....d baby has been crying whole day....is she fine? Can v c her?" They c her n go away saying "she looks fine, healthy"

This is definitely not the way I expected the family living on the upper floor to behave but I guess they were just trying to be good citizens?????????

The reasons for which P was crying:
  1. She was missing her dada n dadi
  2. In India, we don't keep our babies in diaper, atleast I didn't. But in London we made her wear diaper all day long coz of carpets n wooden flooring.
  3. All day long P was just seeing me n nobody around her....as in no dada n dadi.
  4. Lesser toys as it was the first day and we had few toys for her to play with. Later on we got some more for her.
  5. No familiar voices t be heard n only mum was there for her.
  6. Loneliness and change of place.
I think all these reasons are just enuf to state why my daughter was crying and instead of helping me with my baby the lady was rude n threatening. later on I met her outside my house n told her all the reasons that I have mentioned above to clarify as to "why is my baby crying". Although, she didn't deserve to be told all this. Anyways, I am happy to be flying back to India by Dec end. But, I have no reason to say I like London because.........I would not like to be back here ever.



1 comment:

AJEYA RAO said...

Anu...well arent they wierd? same in US too...kids are not supposed to be scolded whihc is a major offense. So when P was crying perhaps the lady above was suspicious. Strange people out there, but at the same time their culture is far different from others. Otherwise....how was the traveling and food part of london?