Thursday, July 12, 2012

Zaitoon - Arab Cuisine

Located at DLF Palace Mall, Saket, New Delhi offers some of the best food of Arab and Lebanon. We prefered to go the non tradition way this time and trying the food at Zaitoon. We ordered two dishes Paneer Arayes and the other Hummus Falafel, both priced at 135/- each.

The dishes looked colourless unlike the punjabi food we are used to :) They tasted yummy and were worth every penny spent but coz Zaitoon is located in the Food Court area of the DLF Place Mall, I can't comment on the ambience or service. The food of course scored 10/10. For more on Zaitoon visit http://www.zaitoonfoods.com/

The service was quick and we collected our food from the counter. After having our meal we were requested to fill the feedback register. One suggestion that I gave them was "Plz make MENU CARD more descriptive" For Eg: I ordered Paneer Arayes and the description written was:

Paneer Arayes
Cottage cheese baked with khubus
served with hummus and turshi

which is totally arabic for me...........
Simply put "u want to know what u r going to eat" and in my case I didn't know what I am gonna eat. Had the menu card been more descriptive I would not have to ask for the help. Anyways, the food scored and that is what matters.

6 comments:

AJEYA RAO said...

i like hummus. however i cannot have much of it perhaps because of the ground nuts. ;-) Peeta bread is awesome in lebanon food too.

Anu said...

I loved d food as I ate arab khana for the first time:) Yes, even AI think hummus can't b eaten in large quantity coz its really heavy for tummy.

Mak said...

Well Anu, for the same reason i prefer menu card to be illustrated :) it will give us a clear picture.
Nice to know about arab cuisine.

Anu said...

Thnx Mak :)

SG said...

I lived in Delhi for a year a few years back. While I have mixed sentiments towards the city, I am definitely a huge fan of the food scene there :-)

Anu said...

Thnx for dropping by SG :)
I am not a foodie but I do like to try different cuisines n I guess Delhi lets u do it either on streets or restaurants.